Sunday, September 24, 2017

Daily Goals

To add the Gazebo poses, here's what I've found:
*Major Kidnapping Trial 4 is missing a print_amcl_gazebo_poses.txt file. Booo.
*The angle for Gazebo is a quaternion. Need to write a python script to convert that to radians.
I'm in instant-gratification mode now, though, so I'm going to just see if I can get X,Y plotting for the Gazebo pose to work on Major Kidnapping Trial 5, and then I'll add angle.

*****************

Update! Got the Gazebo poses added to the graph. It's enlightening - the blue dot is the robot's ground-truth pose in Gazebo:

Simulation starts at (0,0) and AMCL is started at (0,0), but the particle cloud is pretty big:



Cloud shrinks down as robot moves.  (Pose estimates are off by a quarter of a meter in each direction...)




BOOM! Kidnapped.


No comments:

Post a Comment