Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Graduate Research Seminar Speaker

Yesterday I had the opportunity to be the speaker for the weekly Graduate Research Seminar at Parks College.  There were about 15 students in attendance, spaced out among all levels and corners of the auditorium of 200 seats.  I spoke for about 40 minutes about my research, and in particular, the steps we had to take to simulate robot fault.  While I was preparing the presentation, I was thinking, "You know, this robot fault thing could really be a paper or something."  Unfortunately, a RosCon conference proposal was not accepted over the summer, and it's made me think either the topic isn't as original as I think, or I didn't write a good proposal.

The most enjoyable part of the talk was the last 2 minutes, when I took questions.  I got questions about automating the tests, whether I'll be able to differentiate between major and minor kidnapping event classes, and how to improve the Roomba's ability to make it around the whole room like it's supposed to.  Getting to free-style and apply my knowledge was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment